Thursday, November 22, 2012

Biotherm: Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion [Part 2] Review

WHAT IS IT: Biotherm: Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion


THE PRODUCT(S):

Biotherm: Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion: Biotherm Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion treats skin to moisturising agents in the form of mannose and aquatoril, plus rich minerals in thermal plankton cellular water. It is enriched with AquatorilTM interacts with prepared skin, priming the skin for Aquasource with instant hydration. This rich, active water rebalances and moisturizes the skin by replenishing nutrients due to cleansing with water. Skin instantly feels supple and toned, and is well-prepared to receive the full benefits of the next step.



The scent is lightweight without being overly-strong, giving an instant clear and refreshed looking skin.


VERDICT: Considering that I only got 2 sample sachets, with 1 sachet enough for 1 time use, it's rather hard to judge/gauge from 2 days worth of usage if this is a good product for long-term use. The scent isn't that pungent nor strong, it slowly dissipates after applying to your face with a cotton pad. It actually reminds me of "cleanliness", rather weird feeling and vibe to be getting from a toner actually. However, just barely after applying this Biotherm Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion, my face started feeling rather itchy and it has been non-stop scratching to get rid of the itchiness.


And despite washing off the toner off my face with my regular favorite facial cleanser, the itchiness is still there. Although less, but the sensation of itchiness still lingers on. My face doesn't really feel supple partly because of the itching and scratching, I probably should wear a children's size mitten to avoid over-scratching my face. Like those baby mittens, but for children's usage since my hands aren't that huge.


This particular range is supposedly known for it's hydrating purposes, but I do know that my face/skin doesn't feel any sort of hydration at all. Honestly? It just made my skin feels squeaky clean and refreshed, looks rather matte. Despite seemingly soothing on my face when I first applied it on, that soothing-ness slowly gives away to a bout of itching. And I thought it could be affected by the weather and humidity and considering the fact that I can still use this for another day, tried it once more. And sad to say, the itchiness came back as usual, just exactly like what I mentioned in the previous paragraph.


There's also this sticky sensation after applying this toning lotion, but the stickiness doesn't last that long, which I am gratefully thankful for. Imagine a sticky face with a prolonged itchy effect, you would probably be able to imagine a squinting emo-like baby facial contortion going on with me right now. Yeck!


But overall. I do like the smooth feeling I get on my face. Which unfortunately gets marred by the excessive itching. It's a shame that the toner doesn't really do much good at all, considering that it would have become a rather good and decent toning lotion touted for it's hydrating purposes and promises. *scratches face*


VERDICT:


WHAT I THINK: *too busy with facial scratching to comment*


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: First, go over to http://www.biothermsg.com/jul2012/femme.php. Next, click on the Get A Sample link. After that, fill in your Name, Mobile Number and Email Address. If all goes well, you should get a SMS on your mobile phone at approximately 8:00 AM the next morning.


I previously redeemed this sample together with the Biotherm Aquasource Nuit, hence, I recommend only going for redemption if you have something else to redeem at Orchard as well, such as the The Body Shop's Surprise Gift Card for the "Make a Gingerbread Man" app.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~