Saturday, August 25, 2012

TBS Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish Review

WHAT IS IT: TBS Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish


THE PRODUCT(S):

TBS Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish: This daily radiance-revealing facial wash cleanses and exfoliates skin in one step. Micro beads gently buff away dull skin cells, leaves skin feeling fresh and smooth and enhances skin’s natural radiance.


Squeezed out a generous glob and lather up for reviewing.

VERDICT: First, the scent of oranges is strong in this one. It feels almost as if I'm actually washing my face with real oranges. *sniffs* This wonderful scent is like a perfect wake-me-up in the morning when you use it. The difference for this cleansing polish (or wash, if you prefer calling it) doesn't lather up too much. Sometimes, too much foam and lather may not be good for your skin as it may end up clogging your pores. So, I'm definitely glad of the fact that this Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish doesn't lather too much than I expected it to.

Also, although my skin is towards the oily/combination type, but if I stay under the sun too long, my face will start getting red and irritated to the point of feeling sunburnt. But luckily, this cleanser doesn't "hurt" when I tried washing my face after a bout of sunshine too long. Maybe because my face is more of the oily variety, I don't feel it drys out my skin too much as well.

And, it definitely made my skin looks brighter after a few uses. Previously, I was using Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser but then it didn't prevent more acne outbreaks. In fact, it kinda suddenly stopped working for me and I'm not sure why? If you've read some of my previous reviews regarding facial cleansers or happened to see my FB status updates, I've been griping about how the pesky little acne spot on my chin refused to ripen nor go away.

So, I switched to this Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish after finishing my Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser, hoping to see a miracle of some sort. Well, that pesky little acne spot finally decided to "ripen" and ripen it did. At least I'm glad to know that there's no more facial "pain" when I accidentally brush against that undecided acne on my chin. Right now, that acne spot on my chin is close to getting better.

Although it's not as if the acne scar will completely disappear, but I'm definitely glad of the fact that it has finally gone past the stage where it cannot decide whether to ripen or stay dormant for another 1 month or so. Oh, and also, Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish has little orange beads inside, almost similar to the "jojoba beads" that is present in other types of facial cleanser. But the downside of it is that, it doesn't really exfoliate too well since the "beads" seemed way too small and tiny to do much exfoliating and is rather gentle on the skin, not abrasive at all!

Like what the packaging on the tube says, it's a Cleansing Polish, not an Cleansing Exfoliator. So, do not expect your dead skin cells to miraculously washed off after a few washes. However, it is definitely gently enough to use on a daily basis. As expected of a Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish, do massage it longer than usual, not massaged harder, to ensure that your face does look brighter, pores feels clean and unclogged

But the good part on the other hand? My blackheads seemed lesser with each use, since I just massaged longer (instead of scrubbing harder which will ultimately harm your skiin than do any good), especially the T-zone areas on my face. You may think that those of us with oily face should just stick to Tea Tree facial products, but I would also like to stress that it isn't necessarily so. Previously, most of the Tea Tree products from The Body Shop works for me, except for the Tea Tree Oil which gave me an unexpected breakout on my chin area that refuses to go away for a long time. So, this Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish is almost like a godsend to me when I'm trying to "inject" some vitamins into my daily facial washing routine.

Although honestly, I would really like it if the microbeads within this Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish is able to exfoliate my dead skin cells on a daily usage. Instead of having to massage it on my face longer than usual to get rid of any signs of dead skin cells and blackheads.

PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓

WHAT I THINK: An Orange a day keeps stroke away, maybe?

WHERE TO REDEEM A SAMPLE: There's no sample satchet for this product, however, I believe that there's a sample tube at all The Body Shop outlets for you to try on the spot. But then, as with all facial products, you need to use it long term in order to see the results promised on the package. Short term wise, you will just see only a wee bit of result(s) promised.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~