Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder Review

WHAT IS IT: Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder

Source: http://www.thesamplestore.sg/product/details/2444/0/name-hadatuko-marine-collagen-powder

THE PRODUCT(S):

The satchet, not the dessert ^^


Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder: Each bag of 5.2g Hadatuko Collagen Powder contains 5000mg collagen peptide, which is the most concentrated formula in the market.

VERDICT: The 1st item in my review list that I didn't sniff at. Not sure if it's classified as an achievement or maybe I was just ignorantly clever somewhat ^^ Since a lot of reviews has mentioned that it smells and tastes "fishy" when they just consume it as it is instead of my preferred usual method of just mixing it with a hot beverage to "cover" up the fishy smell.

But before I go on, let's take a little look at what exactly is Collagen and what is it good for:


Collagen is a group of naturally occurring proteins.

In nature, it is found exclusively in animals, especially in the flesh and connective tissues of mammals. It is the main component of connective tissue, and is the most abundant protein in mammals, making up about 25% to 35% of the whole-body protein content.

Collagen, in the form of elongated fibrils, is mostly found in fibrous tissues such as tendon, ligament and skin, and is also abundant in cornea, cartilage, bone, blood vessels, the gut, and intervertebral disc.

In muscle tissue it serves as a major component of endomysium.

Collagen constitutes 1% to 2% of muscle tissue, and accounts for 6% of the weight of strong, tendinous muscles. Gelatin, which is used in food and industry, is collagen that has been irreversibly hydrolyzed.

Source: http://www.news-medical.net/health/Collagen-What-is-Collagen.aspx



Collagen is the glue that holds the body together. Without collagen, we would literally fall apart. More than 80 percent of the skin is composed of collagen. It is also the main component of ligaments and tendons. Collagen is the most abundant protein in all mammals. More formally, collagen is "the major insoluble protein in the extracellular matrix and in connective tissue," according to the MolecularCellBiology.com. Although collagen may be best known for its uses as a facial skin rejuvenator, it has important medical uses, primarily for burn victims.

Source & Read More: http://www.livestrong.com/article/208769-what-is-collagen-good-for/


So, back to the topic at hand. First, as I had previously mentioned, I didn't literally sniff at this one, so I cannot comment on any "fishy" smells at all. However, the 5 x sample satchets I got from TSS, I have dutifully drinking 2 satchets once a week. Both times I consume Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder, I always poured and mixed it into something hot like the Barley and Gingko dessert that you can see above and into a cup of hot goat's milk beverage.

The powder dissolves very easily and rather fast in hot desserts and beverages, not so sure about cold ones though. Had to get my camera phone prepared to shoot as soon as I poured it into my Barley and Gingo dessert. There weren't any supposedly "fishy" smell nor taste at all, it's almost as if I never poured in that satchet of Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder at all.

So far, it's only been a week since I consumed 2 packets of it, now left with 3 satchets left. As opposed to how the packaging said we need to consume 2 per day, 5 sample satchets are going to run out pretty fast if I do that, so I consumed 2 per week to gauge if I can see or at least feel half the effect it promises. My skin felt a little more supple after consuming it although the pesky acne on my chin still refuses to go away for good. Also, I got a brand new pimple somewhere on my forehead (-.-) but it goes away pretty fast. As compared to the times when I didn't consume any collagen products, my pimples takes close to 1 week to turn angry red, go ripe so on. So, I guess it's somehow working it's magic, but slowly since I'm not consuming it on a daily basis.

The same as most facial products you apply on your skin and with the ones you need to consume, it takes roughly 6 weeks to 3 months before you can see the full effects. Some take a shorter timespan while some of us may take slightly longer. I believe it has nothing to do with bloodtype, it's just a matter of how fast your skin and body absorbs the good stuffs. More like, if you don't really take care of your skin and health, no matter how expensive or how miraculous the product is, it will take longer. But if you take good care of yourself, any products will take a somewhat shorter timespan to manifest it's claims.

PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓✓

WHAT I THINK: It plays safe not to sniff, just bottoms up!

WHERE TO REDEEM A SAMPLE: So far, I've been unable to find a Singapor Facebook page or website for Hadatuko Marine Collagen Powder. However, if you are already a member of The Sample Store Singapore, just go over to http://www.thesamplestore.sg/product/details/2444/29/144/name-hadatuko-marine-collagen-powder to redeem a sample of 5 satchets at one go if you want to give this a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~