Thursday, September 27, 2012

TBS Moisture White Shiso BB Cream [SPF 25 PA+++] Review

WHAT IS IT: Moisture White Shiso BB Cream [SPF 25 PA+++]


THE PRODUCT(S):

Moisture White Shiso BB Cream [SPF 25 PA+++]: This multi-action make-up base conceals, soothes and evens out skin tone. Conceals, soothes and protects. Infused with Shiso, Vitamin C, liquorice and Community Fair Trade aloe vera. Apply to face after your daily care routine.



Before using Moisture White Shiso BB Cream.



After using Moisture White Shiso BB Cream.


VERDICT: Honestly, I actually have a love-hate relationship with this Moisture White Shiso BB Cream from The Body Shop. When I first tried it in a TBS outlet, I thought I fell in love with it as the color matches my skin tone. But shortly after buying it back and trying again, I thought it suddenly looked too dark. Subsequently, my perception was proved wrong once more when it seemed to blend into my skin tone. Never had a BB Cream gave me so much anguish before.

Let's take another look at one of the important ingredient that goes into this Moisture White Shiso BB Cream, namely Shiso. Shiso reduces early melanin-making signals even before the hyperpimentation process and melanin production starts. It helps prevent uneven skin tone, brown spots and freckles. and also minimise dark spots formation and discolouration.

This Moisture White Shiso BB Cream comes in a slim white tube reminiscent of a toothpaste container, thus making it a good product that you can bring out of the house with you for "emergency" touch-ups when needed. Despite the BB cream itself looking rather thick and creamy, I was really surprised when the texture actually felt smooth. Although I had to admit that just because the texture is smooth doesn't necessarily make it lightweight in any way at all. It does take a little more padding/massaging/rubbing to ensure complete absorption into the skin.

Nevertheless, this particular product only has 1 shade to it's line. (i know, 1 shade is really hard to blend for everyone who have different skin tones/colors, kinda unfair and biased somewhat, I would agree.) And true to the packaging's words, it does give an instant whitening effect on my skin. I could actually see the slight skin tone/color difference between my chin and neck. What blasphemy!

Trying a small dollop on the back of my hand proved that it did "blended" in, but on my chin/face, it seemed as if it's trying to make it look contrasting somehow. After letting it sit on my chin for a good 30 minutes or so (+/- 30 minutes since I didn't really time it accordingly), it does seemed to slowly blend into my skin tone and doesn't look that much contrasting as compared to when I first applied on a layer. Although it did made my face look as if it's wearing a really thin, thin layer of BB mask.

And one other thing about this Moisture White Shiso BB Cream is that, it's actually a good product for people like us oilies (a.k.a people with oily skin) as it actually does blend in pretty good. If you have oily skin, powder isn't necessarily a good choice as sebum flow may cake the powder on your face and give you "lines". Despite 30 minutes later and some light activities that includes dishing up a late lunch without the benefit of an electric fan blowing my direction, I am pleased to say that my chin under the layer of BB cream actually doesn't look too bad at all. Just a slight glow that can easily be taken care of with blotting paper.

PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓✓

WHAT I THINK: For something that comes in 1 shade, it does surprise me all the time!

WHERE TO REDEEM A SAMPLE: So far, I've never encountered sample versions of this Moisture White Shiso BB Cream at any TBS outlet in Singapore. However, you can actually pop by and ask if they have any. If not, just go to any TBS outlet near you and try it in their outlet.

BB Cream Tip: Always try out BB Cream on your jawline, not on the back of your hand. The skin tone on your hand and face may not be an exact match. And if the BB Cream "disappears" into your skin while being tried out on your jawline, Congratulations, you've just found a BB Cream that is right for your skin tone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~