Friday, September 28, 2012

L'Occitane Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion Review

WHAT IS IT: L'Occitane Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion

THE PRODUCT(S):

L'Occitane Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion: Moisturize and nourish with this Relaxing Body Lotion. Enriched with grape seed oil, it can be applied to even the most sensitive skin. This light and fresh body lotion is made with lavender, tea tree, and geranium essential oils, which is perfect for those seeking relaxation.

VERDICT: First of all, the scent, it's actually rather heavy. My mother commented that it smells awful, but I'm guessing the reason is because of 3 main ingredients present in this Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion, which happens to be Lavender, Tea Tree and Geranium. It does sound like a bad combination for a body lotion.

However, hours after applying this Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion, I sort of found out that scent started to tame down a little and it actually smelled pleasant despite the inital scent I sniffed. Since I got my sample bottle from a Christmas set during my working stint at Singapore Changi Airport more than 5 years ago, I cannot tell if this product is still available at their L'Occitane outlets in Singapore anymore, but I hope they do.

Let's take a look at the Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion in slightly more detail. The lotion itself is white and creamy, but surprisingly, it actually absorbs into the skin pretty fast. The texture is smooth, and the initial strong scent gradually fades a little, making the scent more acceptable. It's almost similar to TBS' White Musk range of scents (Eu De Toilette and Eu De Parfum), where the initial scent is rather strong to individual liking, but gradually fades a little to the point where you fall in love with it. That's what I'm trying to explain about this Lavender Tea Tree Geranium Body Lotion.

The lotion despite having Tea Tree as 1 of it's ingredients, isn't oily at all. And it hydrates my skin efficiently, without the after-greasy feeling, even hours after application. Was rather tempted to re-apply every 3-4 hours ^^

And the scent, remember how I kept mentioning about how strong it was? Well, the strong scent dissipated and what's left behind was this wonderful sweet scent of Lavender, lulling me to sleep just 1 hour after applying it. And it's so good that I only woke up at 3:00 pm just now to write this up ^^; *sheepish*

PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓✓

WHAT I THINK: Rock-a-bye Pu Niao on the tree top~ *snores*

WHERE TO REDEEM A SAMPLE: I'm not sure if L'Occitane outlets in Singapore have sample satchets for this product, but then, it wouldn't hurt to just pop by the nearest outlet near you. In the event they don't, no worries, you can just try it straight from their sample bottle at the outlet itself.

Advice: Initial application will make this product smelled rather strong, I'd suggest you to walk around a little and let your body heat slowly dissipates it before taking a whiff of the product that you applied/tried/tested out on, say your arm. You'll find that the scent will slowly become more bearable and eventually tries to lull you into sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~