Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SteamCream Review

WHAT IS IT: SteamCream


THE PRODUCT(S):

SteamCream: STEAMCREAM represents the latest concept in skincare. Freshly handmade using high-quality, natural ingredients that are fused together by a shot of steam. This unique method makes the cream very lightweight, providing long-lasting hydration for the face. The texture also makes it a perfect nourishing treat for your body and hands too.

STEAMCREAM is handmade in the UK and Japan with fresh, traceable ingredients. It’s super-moisturising, sinks deep down instantly and revives your skin straight away. It makes your skin simply the best it can be, naturally.

Our beautiful, eco-friendly limited edition tins are designed by us but we do also enjoy working with other inspiring designers to spice things up. Grab your favourites before they sell out!

When you’ve used your STEAMCREAM, keep your tin for storing things and come back to see what’s new.

STEAMCREAM is an award winner. We won the CEW (UK) Award for Best Everyday New Skincare and Pure Beauty Award for Best Design & Packaging. Once you’ve tried it you’ll understand why!

Why Steam?



We use our unique STEAM process because it makes a naturally effective, lightweight emulsion that your skin can instantly absorb.

Most creams are made with complex molecules bound together by a powerful emulsifying process; the problem with this is that they just sit on the skin’s surface. They give a good first impression, but don’t keep their promises.

It’s STEAMCREAM’s unique STEAM process that makes our cream much more effective on the skin. The force of the STEAM fuses the ingredients instantly - holding them together in a very gentle and loose emulsion. When it touches your skin, the naturally moisturising ingredients and pure, calming essential oils are released from the light emulsion so they can sink past the surface reaching the areas they are needed fast. Your skin will feel intensively moisturised and softer for longer.

By using such a simple process, we can invest in natural materials such as orange flower water, oatmeal and vegetable glycerine to hydrate your skin. Almond and jojoba oils, with moisturising cocoa butter, soften the skin’s surface.

We don’t need new science or fancy machines for this; we apply traditional yet effective methods in a simple new way.

Source: SteamCream @ http://steamcream.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home



Tried a generous dollop of it!!

VERDICT: First of all, let's talk about the scent of SteamCream. The moment I took in the scent, it reminds me fondly of 2 things. Snow Hazeline that has stopped production, I know the scent isn't really the same and it's been too long since I sniffed a Snow Hazeline product. But it evokes days in the 1980s when moisturizers aren't that fanciful, just simplicty and SteamCream aims to fulfill that philosophy. And secondly, it also kind of reminds me of my late grandfather's hair gel (the type that old grandfathers are particularly fond of in the 1970s onwards).

You may think that the scents for these 3 mentioned items are in no way similar, so how did I exactly ascertain it? Well you see, back in the 1980s when I was just a little girl. Snow Hazeline and my late grandfather's hair gel are synonymous with my own childhood and products like SteamCream actually evokes wonderful memories of the days of my childhood.

Now, let's go onto the actual product, SteamCream. First of all, this product can be classified into a few "categories" for me, and they are mainly:

  • Tin packaging - Each container is distinctive and is deeply associated with current trends. But the product inside the tin is just as wonderful!

  • Light & Glossy - SteamCream is light and yet glossy at the same time, instead of the usual thick and creamy variety.

  • Smell - The scent itself can probably evoke memories from your childhood, or when you were still a teenager, it does for me, so I'm sure it will for you.

  • Non-greasy - It looks thick and creamy, but it isn't and hours after using this, I don't find my skin taking on an unhealthy "oily/greasy" sheen at all.

  • All-over moisturizer - It actually works as an overall moisturizer. But I tend to mostly use this on my legs instead as my legs suffer more dryness than the rest of my body.


Just the packaging is enough to make you want to grab a few tins, I know I'm thinking this way. And a check on their website states that "by using a simple unique steam process, they can can invest in natural materials such as orange flower water, oatmeal and vegetable glycerine to hydrate your skin. Almond and jojoba oils, with moisturising cocoa butter, soften the skin’s surface." How good is that?

Sometimes, we all just need a good moisturizer that we can just use it, without having to worry about exactly what goes in there. Kinda reminiscent of the days when the only moisturizer available in Singapore is caleld Snow Hazeline, isn't it? 1 bottle of Snow Hazeline = entire family uses it ^^

SteamCream packaging not only has unique designs for their packaging, they are also involved in collaborations that are also unique and aims to make you feel pampered. Most noticeable is the collaboration called Love For Japan. If you want to know more about the collaboration called Love For Japan, you can read about it over at Love for Japan Story @ http://steamcream.co.uk/Love-for-Japan-Story. Think of it this way, love and beautify yourself while doing something worthwhile for a good cause, how's that sound now?

PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓✓

WHAT I THINK: Love, Beautify, Pamper - All for a cause.

WHERE TO REDEEM A SAMPLE: I got this sample from The Sample Store Singapore and I was already dying to try and review it. But first come, first serve mah, so I had to review other samples first before I can finally get my clammy hands on this one.

If you do not have an account with TSS, you can sign up for one via my TSS Referral ID.

And honestly, I'm someone who will feel greedy when faced with such cuteness and something wonderful at the same time. I wish I can buy every single design they have D:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~