Saturday, May 11, 2013

Samples Received/Redeemed: 6 May - 10 May 2013

I would say it's pretty much a quiet week for samples and freebies. And luckily, some samples that I found have quite a long deadline ahead of them, so I pretty much waited until I have a specific amount to collect next week. And in the meantime, NuffNang finally mailed me my cheque for my ad earnings on this blog.


Note that I requested for the cheque sometime around the last week of February, and their website stated I should receive it roughly 30 days from the end of the month for my money to be processed and sent. This means that I should roughly receive it sometime around the first or second week of April instead. But they sure took their own sweet time and only notified me last week that they have mailed out the cheque and I will be receiving it sometime this week.


Although I personally could be suspecting that it might be just a little wee bit hard to be able to earn past S$50 from NuffNang ad campaigns and Cost-Per-Click/Cost-Per-View, hence they might not be expecting NuffNangers to cash out their earnings on a regular basis though. But still, if they can put up that "rule", they should at least see it through. And I was going to wait at least another week or so before hounding them for my money lol




Expat Living Singapore had previously (7 April to be exact) announced on their Facebook page that they are giving away a 1-year subscription to their Expat Living magazine. And since I just adore reading magazines, of course I would share it to anyone and everyone I know to go get it before the deadline stated, which is 15 April.


Besides they didn't state that it's limited to X amount of subscriptions, I'll just presume that as long as you sign up for the free 1-year subscription, you are eligible to receive it. And yes, I signed up for it lol And May 2013 issue is my first issue of Expat Living magazine. So, last issue should be April or May 2014 then :)


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: It's over. But I do sincerely recommend going over to Expat Living Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/expatlivingSG, Like their page as a fan and help out the expat community in blending in with the local community :)




CURE Facebook previously did a impromptu fan rewarding post on 25 April, and the first 50 to comment I ♥ CURE Natural Aqua Gel on a specific post get to receive a special gift from Cure. And apparently among the 50 chosen, seems like 17 of them just cannot be bothered to check at all. Which brings to the question of, if you have no intention of checking for contest results or the likes, why joined in the first place?


Because most time, these people who cannot be bothered to check for results are actually holding up everyone. Such as the winners who might have to wait for the surprise gifts cos 17 people are irresponsible due to result checking. While the company who organized the contest have to be delayed as they frantically ask the M.I.A (a.k.a Missing In Action) winners repeatedly to mail in their contact details. And seems like only a few of the 17 did.


Since there's no deadline or any sort of timeframe stated on the post itself, would it kill to just check at least once or twice a day on whether you won or not? It cannot be that hard. Same issue happened at Venus Beauty too, people who joined a similar contest also promptly went M.I.A as soon as participating, all the way until the deadline for contacting is over before they start QQ'ing, when it's their own fault for not checking the results in the first place. May I recommend a ban for winners who decide to go M.I.A so that other fans have a chance at winning something, especially those who loves going M.I.A after joining should be banned for an infinite amount of time since they have no basic courtesy when it comes to simple manners and etiquette -_-


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Redemption is over. However, go over to CURE Natural Aqua Gel Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/curenaturalaquagel, Like their page as a fan to be notified and updated on upcoming contests, giveaways and sampling activity.




As I've stated at the beginning of this post, I've earned a total of S$67.44 up till February 2013 and requested for a cheque. And I expected it to be in my mailbox sometime in April, but I only receive information regarding the cheque last week, stating that I will receive my cheque this week.


So, my conclusion to you bloggers out there with a blog that has NuffNang ads is that, if you requested for a cheque for earnings via NuffNang, be reminded that it takes them 2.5 to 3 months to send the cheque out to your mailbox. If you have waited more than 2.5 months and still don't see anything, do remember to hound NuffNang for it.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: You need to sign up for a NuffNang account at , if your country is listed there, congratulations you can sign up for an account. If you do not see your country stated in the list, you might want to hound the personnel-in-charge and request them to set up one for your country ^^


As a general rule, if you have ads of any other types on your blog, you won't be able to claim the Glitterati status. Let's just say, previously on my main blog, I have only a decent amount of ads, and so therefore isn't under the Glitterati status and the earnings took close to 8 years before I could even see close to S$4 show up.


But as soon as I had this blog, I set up the NuffNang ads for this blog alone and deleted information about my main blog, I noticed that this blog gets the Glitterati status. And despite the ads not looking that big of a difference, it seems like the actual differences comes in the amount gained via CPV. Glitterati status means higher amount for CPV, while non-Glitterati status means lower amount for CPV. And I don't even need 8 years to see S$67.44, I started this blog in July 2012 and requested for my cheque in February 2013, which means a total of 6 months to hit S$67+. Pretty impressive in my opinion lol




So, I had to run out this morning to the nearest Popular bookstore to get a mouse. Went on Friday, but the cheapest one that can allow me to use my membership card for discount is actually S$11.90, while the cheapest one I can there that doesn't allow me to use my membership card costs S$10.90. Of course I was a little upset, since my previous mouse only cost S$9.90 and could still be used with a membership card for discount.


Luckily, I decided to stalk Popular for 2 straight days and managed to see new stocks for USB mouse at S$9.90 and it isn't under NETT price. Which means I can still use my membership card for further discount, and the mouse end up costing less than S$9.00 in total ❤❤❤


And I got this Post-It sample when paying for my cheap mouse :D



Not much pieces in there, considering it's a sample. Although I wish Post-It would give samples of other types of notepads, as this type is generally chosen, bought and used by a lot of people. So, it's pretty pointless to give out something that almost everyone is using while not giving out actual samples that people are probably wanting to try but unwilling to buy.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I don't think there's a purchase limit, as long as you buy something, they should give it to you. And I don't think these samples costs a lot either, so Popular staffs shouldn't be cheapskate in giving, no matter what amount is your purchase.



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~