Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator Review

WHAT IS IT: Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator


THE PRODUCT(S):

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator: The first fast-acting Serum from Estée Lauder Research proven to dramatically reduce the look of uneven skintone such as redness, acne marks, dark spots, sun spots and discolorations. Skin looks noticeably clearer and brighter, vibrant and more even-toned.



The scent is actually a cross between fruit and floral, which is a surprise since the product itself looks light beige and creamy, but with a consistency and texture that is watery-based. Absorbs easily after rubbing into affected areas of the skin.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent is actually a cross between fruity and floral despite the product itself looking all light beige and creamy. But the consistency and texture is actually more towards watery-based, just a little bit watery, but doesn't drip unnecessarily. Which makes it perfect for my oily skin, since oily skin and actual thick cream-based facial products isn't really the best way t go. The scent doesn't border on cloying and it actually somewhat dissipates a little after application on the skin. But still, you would actually see a thin layer of the product on your skin, but it doesn't feel as if it is clogging your pores at all. I'm guessing that it's the so-called "Illuminator" part that makes it looks as if there's a layer of the product left on your skin.


What I like about this product is that it doesn't make my pores feels clogged at all. And to begin with, I wasn't really a believer that it would help even out my skin tone, as I have been trying out so much similar facial products before. So, I decided to test-patch on this old but faint blemish cars somewhere around my forehead area. And after a week of using this religiously at night before bedtime (I avoid using products such as these in the daytime as I sweat more easily), I noticed the old blemish scar on my forehead actually lighten up quite well. Even the other blemish scar underneath my chin is lightening up too.


And despite hours after applying this on my old blemish scars, I don't see nor felt any sort of pore clogging going on, which is a good thing as the product actually looks more like cream-based even though the consistency and texture is definitely watery-based. And when I woke up in the morning, my face didn't really look anything in the region of oily nor greasy either. And luckily, no halo ring of sebum around my nose/mouth area too. Phew!


Although I personally cannot really say much about the hydrating part despite the product itself containing the word "Serum" on it's packaging. Hence, I applied my regular toner, followed by a facial moisturizer before applying this Illuminator on my skin. And you should be aware that you have to apply your facial products from lightest to heaviest, so that the lighter product gets absorbed easily and be able to work it's magic. If you are someone who likes to apply product(s) such as this on your face/skin first followed by your moisturizer, chances are, the moisturizer would have been unable to do it's magic. Which is to keep your skin hydrated. I found that the best method would be to apply your usual facial moisturizer first and let it get absorbed into your skin. Then, you apply this Illuminator on the troubled areas.


The reason why I applied this product last is that, despite what I've mentioned about this product being light and watery-based, it still looked heavy to me. Hence, the decision to use this last on my skin. But if you used this before applying your usual moisturizer and found that it is a better method, do comment and let me know too.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: A tad expensive, but it does work well for me :)


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I redeemed this sample in September last year (2012). Although the sample exercise is over, I still recommend going over to Estee Lauder Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EsteeLauderSG and Like their page in order to be notified of sampling exercises.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~