Sunday, December 30, 2012

Samples Received/Redeemed: 24 Dec - 29 Dec 2012

So, this is practically the last sample, goodies and freebies batch most of us are going to be receiviing for 2012. And then, onwards to 2013, where I hope there will be more samples for us to get our anxious yet anticipating hands on. As you can also see for the blog title above, it's for samples received and redeemed from 24 December through to 29 December. 31 December will be alongside the first week of January 2013 instead, if only 01 January always falls on a Monday, it would make sample cataloging on my side much more easier to do, especially when a blog is concerned, making everything much more neater and systematically easily.


So, as usual, I managed to have 6 items for show and tell today. It is almost equivalent to redeeming an item once a day from Monday straight till Saturday, huh? I definitely do wish we can all redeem samples and win stuffs on a daily basis, save for Sundays when the post office isn't open and there won't be SingPost staffs to "manhandle" and "abuse" our poor packages. Without further ado, here's a look at what I've gotten my paws on for the last week of 2012.




So, I got to know about this sample giveaway via a Facebook friend and immediately linked the relevant link onto my Facebook page and my own personal wall, urging everyone I know to go get it while stocks last. And finally, it's here!!



So, I got a SexyLook Extreme Whitening Duo Lifting Mask, alongside with a really flimsy pamphlet that shows their Intensive Care Black Cotton Mask, and a really cheesy-looking travel pamphlet/voucher or some thingamabob that does not make sense to me. Just wanted the mask for my mother :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to SexyLook Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SexyLook.sg, Like their page. Next, look for this link that says Beauty Quest. Click on it and you will come to a page that has 2 options, namely "Lucky Draw - This week Hall of Fame" and "Beauty Quest - View all my score(s)./View Selected Winners."


If you have bought any SexyLook masks and still have your receipt with you, you can use the receipt to enter into a lucky draw by clicking on the "Lucky Draw" option. However, if you are just focused on redeeming a SexyLook mask only, click the other option that says "Beauty Quest" and play a game, which confused me literally on all levels. Let's just say I got 0 points but still managed to get myself a mask somehow ^^




So, if you were reading my "Samples Received/Redeemed" post last week, you would have known that Humming Flowers & Gifts were giving out these cute Mini Tote bags to their fans. It isn't too late to Like them to get your 1st bag yet, as there has been no update on the status of their very first Mini Tote bag, so I can safely presume they still have stocks left. But hurry!!



So, for the 2nd Mini Tote Bag giveaway, the design is a Sunflower. (The first one is of a Orchid design/pattern) I'll just presume that this is the front of the bag ^^



And here is the back of the bag. I wish I had a small puppy that I can use to hold it while I waltz around the neighborhood mall, but people are probably going to give me strange looks for doing that. Therefore, I shall just use it to hold my purse, cardholder, tissue packs, hairbrush, keys and some throat lozenges instead :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: If you haven't gotten your very 1st Mini Tote bag from Humming Flowers & Gifts yet, here's how:
  • Go over to Humming Flowers & Gifts Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HummingFlowersandGifts, Like their page.
  • Next, click on the button that states Message beside the Like/Liked button near the top right of the page, that is the PM a.k.a Private Message function.
  • Once a standalone pop-up box appears, type in your name and mailing address in order to get your very first Mini Tote bag from Humming Flowers & Gifts.
  • As soon as you get the very first Mini Tote bag, snap a photo of it and then post, upload and share it on your own profile wall.
  • Next, let Humming Flowers & Gifts know you have received, taken a photo, upload, posted and shared by commenting on Humming Flowers & Gifts facebook page.
  • Now, you send them a PM for the 2nd Mini Tote bag and repeat the above steps to get the 3rd and 4th bag.

And now, I shall wait patiently for the 3rd bag to arrive at my house. Mufufufu~




So, I mentioned on my Facebook page and my own personal profile wall about this Beauté Spring haul I had. They were having 30% to 70% on selected items and naturally, I had to go for the acne and pimple series. This Kitoko Kalani bag, I got it for buying close to S$40 worth of goodies. Not really sure exactly how much you need to purchase to get it though since there wasn't any indication anywhere. And surprisingly, although this tote bag looks small, I can actually hook/drape around my shoulder nicely :D



So, I was contemplating between this Tsaio XP3 and another Tsaio acne/pimple kit, but was finally persuaded to get this 3 piece kit instead as it contains:
  • Pimple Tonic - 30g
  • Papain Remove Mask - 40g
  • Grapefruit Seed Pimple Cream - 20ml

The other 2 piece kit only have the Pimple Tonic and Papain Remove Mask, so this would have been a much better choice as the Grapefruit Seed Pimple Cream actually helps to tighten pores.



So, I got this 3 awesome goodies. They are namely:
  • Tsaio Grapefruit Seed Extract Peeling Gel - 100g
  • Kitoko Kalani Grapefruit Purifying Cleanser - 100g
  • Tsaio Acne Cleansing Foam - 108g

Despite seeing a lot of "grapefruit"-based products, I can happily announce that it doesn't sting my face nor skin at all. The peeling gel is to remove dead skin cells on the surface of our skin, flaky skin can also be removed, but best recommended to use it only once a week. Or to quote an ex-manager of mine: "Careful you wash until your face rots ah!" *shivers at the prospect of that ever happening*


As for the 2 facial cleansing foam, I was recommended to get both and use them on alternate days to prevent acne and pimples from showing up on my skin. Just the Tsaio Acne Cleansing Foam alone will not help my skin condition at all.



And along the way, I got these 2 Garnier Light - Intensive 3 in 1 Whitening Essence Mask. Every S$5 spent entitles you to a mask actually, it depends on what the cashier-at-the-moment is giving you. Of course, if you are buying acne and pimple products, it would be disastrous to give the hyaluronic masks as too much moisture will end up producing more zits on our oily face instead. Just normal moisturizing should do the trick, no need for the hyaluronic mask.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: These aren't samples and are un-redeemable. However, Beauté Spring were been having an ongoing discount on selected items in their outlets for the past 2.5 weeks already and the discount ends on 31 December this year. I would recommend the discounted items they have now as these are actually really effective. And no, they are not having a discount to get rid of stocks that will be expiring soon. They had a discount because they want to reward their customers and most discounted items have expiry dates that hits 2014 or 2015, quite a year or 2 to go. Which by then, you would have used up the items way before the expiry date gets any nearer.




So yeah, I got en email a week or so before asking me to complete a survey organized by License2Play, which concerns their License2Play exhibition/expo thingy. Truthfully? I never attend as it was at Marina Bay Sands area and I don't really see fit in going all the way there to redeem a pack of Angry Birds playing cards when I was trying to win the Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad laptop, as my current one tends to hang and lag unexpectedly. And well, I didn't get to win anything till the day the License2Play app was over.


Instead, less than a week later, I got an email from SPH's Media Centre that to thank me for the survey, I was eligible to redeem a set of earphones. And my gawd, I almost thought I isolated myself inside their lift lobby. For a fact, I was supposed to go to Level 2 Sphere Exhibition Centre, but couldn't find it. Instead, I found the Circulation department. So, I went back to Level 1 and couldn't get the glass doors opened. Until this tall and beautiful woman used her own work pass to tap on some machine to grant her access.


And I duly accosted this beautiful woman for help since there was no Sphere Exhibition area at all and I was literally feeling like a headless chicken. She directed me to the Circulation department instead and I saw for myself a piece of paper taped to the door stating to call a number for earphone collecting/redemption purposes. And at the same time, asked for help on exiting the lift lobby area. And once out, heard someone yell "CUT!" in which I scurried away in panic before realizing I was probably intruding on a really small group of people filming. Too bad I didn't see who was the actress.



The back of the Lego Playbrick earphone, which is also a canal-type earphone.



And now, the up-close shot of the Lego Playbrick earphone. This would probably cost between S$9.90 to S$19.90 in retail price, so definitely worth redeeming from my point of view.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Unredeemable, unless you received an email from License2Play asking you to participate in a survey. If you had deleted the email, then sorry, no earphones for you :/




So, on the last day of the Clarins Christmas app, I managed to win myself a prize. I went to collect it on the same day I redeemed my earphones. And OMG, they collection date for the Clarins prize was less than a week. So, if I had something on the entire 6 days, wouldn't I have forfeited the prize? Rather ridiculous to set a collection date that is less than a week, at least give the prize winners a full week to 1.5 weeks, in the event they need to change their work schedule or something... -_-


Anyways, I won for myself a UV PLUS HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 UVA-UVB/PA+++ Anti-pollution Beige at 10ml. It's actually a BB Cream, and the lady who attended to me was matronly and sweet at the same time. She heartily congratulated me for my win, which brings to mind, I actually prefer matronly SAs at makeup counters as their attitude and temperament is generally nicer than the 20s to 30s SAs. And along the way, I took 2 candies from their candy bowl which was chocked full of candies, sitting atop their counter :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: The Clarins Advent Game Christmas app is over, but do go over to Clarins Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ClarinsSingapore and Like their page to be notified to future contests, promotions and giveaways.




So, one of my facebook friends was the 1st to send me this greeting via Kleenex's Singapore Christmas app. And I thought it was just an e-card of some sorts, which I duly send one back and forgot all about it. Until I received this, and upon opening up the package, realized they are actually giving out sample 3-ply tissue packs with the attached message my friend had written.


Without wasting anymore time, I promptly went back to their app and quickly spammed. Er, I mean send it to anyone and everyone I know who are interested so they can also get the tissue pack sample as well. Let's just hope they got it :/



And here's the Kleenex Ultrasoft 3-play Soft Pack I got from the Kleenex Christmas app. Alongside with 2 lucky draw entry forms to win a limited edition laundry basket with at least S$30 worth of Kleenex products purchase. As I am currently not having a diarrhea, I shall not go into that zone for now..


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Kleenex Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kleenexsg, Like their page. Next, click on the link that says X'mas Express. And follow the instructions on sending out your very 1st Kleenex X'mas Express present.



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~