Tuesday, August 12, 2014

L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid Review

WHAT IS IT: L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid
L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid


THE PRODUCT(S):
L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid
L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid: The Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid combines Angelica extracts with organic lemon essential oil to maximize the effective on skin hydration and vitality. The fluid is ideal care for oily to combination skin including:

  • Lemon essential oil, known for its astringent action, helps to purify skin
  • Zinc eliminates excess of sebum
  • Angelica extracts help to rehydrate skin and to protect from free radicals

Skin is immediately and lastingly mattified and purified for a complexion that is perfectly clear, pure and radiant.


L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid
My face definitely looked much more matte after using this :D


L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid
Lightweight watery consistency that doesn't drip, is well absorbed into the skin and it doesn't leave a slick oily feeling on my skin.


VERDICT: I first chanced upon this product while I was browsing around L'Occitane at WestGate (at Jurong East, for the clueless :O ). I still remember standing in front of the shelf that was displaying the Angelica range products for a goood 30 minutes debating whether I should get this or not. As I know my own skin quite well, my makeup tend to look a little oily around midday, without fail. In short, it goes from matte to, well, over-glossy without much effort needed LOL


And with that image in mind, I decided to grab this (along with some other L'Occitane products to get the membership card as well). And I've been diligently using this product for the past 3 months, and I am now onto my 2nd bottle. (I used this for my night-time skincare regime as well as I don't like waking up to oily skin in the morning) Initially, I tend not to apply any moisturizer as we all are aware of how humid Singapore is. If you were to apply makeup before stepping out of the house just slightly before noon, the humidity is going to slowly affect the makeup on your face. Which in turn meant you would start to sweat/perspire, and with the perspiring part going on, you need to dab the sweat off your face with a tissue. This would ultimately lead to your makeup getting dabbed off little by little and the next thing you know, you have to re-apply your makeup once more upon reaching your destination. I know, cos that was what I had been doing 6 months ago, except that I leave my house just slightly before 12 noon to get to work.


I first started by using a gel-based facial moisturizer on my face before applying this product on my skin and I did noticed that around midday, my skin doesn't look that overly glossy with sebum and sweat that much. It is definitely a greater improvement as compared to 6 months ago. Around close to 1 a month ago, I started incorporating the LUS Aqua Source Cream from The Skin Shop into my pre-makeup regime. In short, first moisturizer, followed by the LUS Aqua Source Cream and then end it with this L'Occitane Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid. And right from the first day I sticked to this 3 step pre-makeup routine, I noticed that my skin definitely looked more matte than it did around 3 months ago with only 2 products.


This product despite looking thick and creamy due to the milkish color, is surprisingly light. It spreads really well on my skin and I found that it gets absorbed into my skin within a minute, depending on how much you "accidentally" dispensed out. But 1 almost full pump is more than enough to help last through the day, and enough for the entire face, under than chin and close to the neck area (I avoided my cheeks since my cheek is not oily at all). It actually feels refreshing because of the wonderful aromatic citrusy scent to it that luckily doesn't make me feel a little on the "Meh!" side a.k.a feel nauseous and I found that it is somehow hydrating as my skin doesn't feel too dry after application. Although my skin did felt a little sticky right after application, the stickiness gradually went away. I'm guessing because I had to apply makeup hence I didn't feel the stickiness anymore.


And around midday at work, just after my break, I took a peak into the wall mirror at my workplace. And I was genuinely surprised at what I saw. Not a single oily spot on my face at all. None! And at the end of the day, my face still looked pretty much matte without any oily spots, except a little glossy-looking on the side of the nose which frankly isn't really noticeable and a small spot just above my eyebrows, but not quite on the forehead at all. And after washing my face off, I noticed that it didn't in turn made my face looked too dry. In short, it's almost similar to a moisturizer of some sort, except that it didn't give me any breakouts or skin issues exactly 1 month after using it. So far, I've been using this for a short while now and onto my 2nd bottle (as I have to wear makeup everyday at work without fail -_-" ).


What is obvious to me is that, my skin is much more calmer now. Pimples and breakouts are also getting lesser too, as compared to before. My skin looks smoother too and not forgetting my nose. Previously when I use a pore pack on my nose to remove blackheads, the pores are always visible to the naked eye as soon as I tore off the pore pack. But now, the pores on my nose definitely looked much smaller now, even if I were to remove my blackheads with a blackhead extractor instead of a pore pack. Yes, the way to tell if the pore-tightening claim works is to look at the nose after removing those blackheads and compare the state of the nose before and after using the product.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: There are supposedly sample sachets from any L'Occitane outlets throughout Singapore although I've never tried asking for the Angelica range before. Alternatively, you can just pop by the nearest L'Occitane outlet near you and try and texture and consistency in-store.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~