Saturday, December 7, 2013

Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bath & Shower Gel Review

WHAT IS IT: Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait
Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bath & Shower Gel


THE PRODUCT(S):
Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bath & Shower Gel
Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bath & Shower Gel: A creamy foaming gel with added Vitamin E, suitable for use in either bath or shower and scented with the signature scent of Au Lait.


Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait Bath & Shower Gel
Gel like texture with a watery consistency, the scent was simply milky goodness at it's best!


VERDICT: The scent of this bath & shower gel is so milky good, it's almost akin to showering/bathing in actual milk. The texture is gel-like but the consistency is watery, like what bath & shower gels are supposed to be, and despite being a watery-esque shower gel, I found that it suds up very well and at the same time, I didn't have too much trouble washing it off either.


For the uninitiated (me in particular), Scottish Fine Soaps is a Scottish based manufacturer of bath & body products established in 1974. Founder, Derek Ross initially set out with the ambition to become a superb toiletry manufacturer, creating products which promote well-being for the mind and body. And because the company is based in Scotland, which is one of the most beautiful natural environments on the planet, hence their focus has always been on quality, luxury and heritage, Scottish Fine Soaps are committed to doing all they can to ensure it remains that way.


And honestly, this is the first time I've encountered, tried and tested au lait a.k.a milk-based shower products throughout my 30 years of existence in life. If only this brand is readily available in Singapore, we can all be Cleopatras-waanabe, showering with milk (well, almost) on a daily basis. And yes, I found it a shame that there is no flagship store in Singapore at all.


The shower & bath gel doesn't irritate my sometimes sensitive skin at all, and even hours after using this in the shower, I still encounter no after- and side-effects from using this on my skin. Safe to say, this is definitely a good choice for some of us who might have sensitive skin and cannot stand using the same soap bars as the rest of our family and/or cannot handle ordinary run-of-the-mill mass-produced shower & bath gels. Definitely a god-send from this product.


And after washing the suds off my skin, my skin doesn't feel as if there's a layer of shower gel residue clinging to my skin too unlike various shower/bath gels I've tried and used before. And the best part? My skin actually felt softer after a few uses, something that I don't experience when using other bath & shower gels at all.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: It isn't that hard if you want to be a Cleopatra. Yup!


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I got this sample travel-sized bottle in my Vanity Trove box that I received last year (2012) in August. I would actually suggest buying the shower & bath gel and/or body butter to try it out first before deciding on getting the entire range. At least if it doesn't work out for you, you can still give it to a friend. But since my sometimes sensitive skin can get really cranky without warning, I find that this product works just well for me.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


1 comment:

  1. The product is too good with that light milky scent. As soon as it is out from the bottle it blends well into the skin. Its abiding moisturizing touch leaves my skin softer and also gives a wonderful natural glow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~