Thursday, May 30, 2013

TBS Yuzu & Rice Body Milk Review

WHAT IS IT: The Body Shop Yuzu Rice Body Milk
The Body Shop Yuzu & Rice Body Milk


THE PRODUCT(S):
The Body Shop Yuzu & Rice Body Milk
The Body Shop Yuzu & Rice Body Milk: This lightweight spray-on body moisturiser is inspired by Japanese bathing rituals. It has a fresh citrus scent. Light and easily absorbed and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with a subtle citrus scent.


The Body Shop Yuzu & Rice Body Milk
It's milky white with a watery consistency, which meant this body milk absorbs pretty fast into the skin after gentle massaging. Doesn't leave any oily nor sticky feeling and sensation immediately and hours after application.


VERDICT: The scent isn't as subtle as promised on the packaging, but the citrus scent isn't overpowering either. In short, the scent itself stays on until after a few hours later, and it actually gives me a "perk-me-up" moment whenever I catch the scent drifting towards my nose. The citrus scent is actually really sweet and nice, since I personally have tried yuzu before as a food/fruit item, and it was really too sour for my liking. Hence, I was a little surprised of the sweet citrus scent, instead of a sour-ish citrus scent. In short, it feels like the spa has brought itself into your home.


The consistency of the body milk is actually watery, hence it absorbs rather well and fast into the skin after gentle massaging. You don't need to literally rub it into the skin, just gentle massaging will do the trick here. And because it is a body milk, I was initially afraid it might leave this sticky feeling on my skin and hands. However, my fears were laid to rest as there wasn't any sticky nor annoying sensation at all, after immediately and hours after application onto my dry legs. And my skin actually looks instantly hydrated and moisturized as well.


My only grouse is that, because it is a body milk, this product that comes in a spray nozzle actually spills just a little wee bit. But that can be overlooked as this is the type of moisturizer that you can use if you are in a hurry and you don't really like body cream or body butter which tend to leave your hands feeling slightly greasy and a little sticky. Especially if you have showered and change into a fresh set of clothes immediately, you need not have to worry about staining your clothes because this body milk absorbs really fast upon contact with your skin.


And overall, I feel like I've gone a little further into this wonderful country called Japan, due to the wonderful scent it comes with. It's so traditional with the yuzu and rice milk elements, or rather ingredients in it, and this almost make you feel like you are a maiko (or geisha) in old Gion or Kyoto. The lushness and splendidness just cannot be compared with any other body milk I've tried.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Despite a little spill due to the fact that it's a body milk with a spray nozzle, I find that it absorbs really fast into the skin due to it's watery consistency. And the yuzu citrus scent evokes days of old to me.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: So far, I've never encountered a sample sachet or sample bottle for this Yuzu & Rice Body Milk in The Body Shop before. However, you can try asking the friendly staffs. If not, they should have a sample bottle opened up for testing on the spot :)


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~