Friday, May 17, 2013

Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover Review

WHAT IS IT: Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover
Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover


THE PRODUCT(S):
Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover
Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover: Lathering Oil Cleansing, where oil cleansing transforms into a fine lather and removes make-up with the same efficiency of an oil-based make-up remover.


Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover
The scent is a cross between oily and soapy, but it doesn't feel oily at all, despite being an oil-based make-up remover.


Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover
It's actually gentle on the skin, however, I need to use it twice to totally and thoroughly remove all traces of light make-up.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent is actually a cross between oily and soapy. Don't get me wrong, there's actually a hint of oil, but thankfully it's light. So, I personally don't find myself feeling nauseous after a goof thorough sniffing to be able to differentiate the scent. And yet at the same time, there's also a hint of something soapy in it. Which I guess is needed, because without the "soapy" part in it, it's going to practically make my skin feel oily despite being thoroughly cleansed of all traces of make-up.


What I love about this Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover is that, despite it claiming to be a oil make-up remover, it is not oily at all. In fact, there's no mention of oil in it's ingredient list anywhere. It's just pretty much the color looking like oil, hence we tend to think and feel that there's oil of some sort involved. And I tried pouring out a little onto my hands instead of pumping it through the nozzle and surprise, it feels more soapy than oily. Almost similar to a regular facial foam cleanser, essentially thick foamy suds.


This make-up remover actually spreads pretty decently after dispensing, and because the foam is pretty thick and generous, it makes spreading around the face easy too. I just find that it takes at least 2 washes to thoroughly removed thick or heavy make-up though, especially mascara on the lashes. So, it was basically gentle rubbing around my eye area for a good 1 minute or so before all traces of mascara went away without fuss.


And after washing this off my skin, I don't see nor feel my skin looking or even feeling oily at all. And it doesn't irritate my current skin condition, much less leaving a filmy invisible substance on my skin too. And sometimes, I get a little lazy and just dry use, and I found out that it works on dry and wet skin just as well too, without any discomfort on my skin, such as pulling and tugging at all. So technically, this is good for removing basic and/or light make-up. But if you someone who likes to go heavy on eye make-up, you might find yourself having to use this twice in a row to successfully remove all traces of make-up on your skin though.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Luckily, I'm not that into thick or heavy make-up, especially on the eye area. So, I find this easy and good enough to use just once.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Despite an existence of a Dove Facebook page for the market, there's no sampling activity going on for this Dove Lathering Oil Makeup Remover :(


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~