Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Phyto Subtil Elixir Review

WHAT IS IT: Phyto Subtil Elixir
Phyto Subtil Elixir


THE PRODUCT(S):
Phyto Subtil Elixir
Phyto Subtil Elixir: A subtle blend of four enhancing oils, the efficiency of this unique elixir lies in the perfect alchemy of camellia, karanja, egg yolk and corn germ that act together to reveal the full beauty of hair and deliver softness and shine. SUBTIL ELIXIR provides nutrition, it enhances and illuminates dry and ultra dry hair with incredible lightness.


This fine, lightweight, and easy-to-rinse oil effortlessly penetrates into each strand bringing damaged, dehydrated hair back to life. The formula restructures ultra-dry hair while leaving a discreet fragrance of banana leaf, passion flower, gardenia, and exotic musk notes. Hair feels immediately replenished and its original softness and shine are restored.


Phyto Subtil Elixir
Looks like it's really heavy and will weight down hair once applied, but surprisingly, it does. Tangled hair ends just simply smooth out without any effort needed after a light application.


VERDICT: I love this product's scent as it is so wonderful although I can't really put a finger to exactly what the scent reminds me of as it leaves a discreet fragrance of banana leaf, passion flower, gardenia, and exotic musk notes. which sounded like it's going to be those weird scent. But surprisingly, it doesn't. It smells just, wonderful, to sum it up in one word.


Despite it being oil-like and looking like typical hair oil, I find that it is really lightweight on my hair. Whether I have long or short hair, I find that I tend to have tangled ends on a daily basis. But this product actually smoothed out the tangled ends without making me lose hair and it doesn't really weigh down my hair. Although if you have oily scalp/hair, you might want to go easy on the amount applied to your hair though. As this is a pre-shampoo treatment, it doesn't affect the overall effects even after washing my hair with my usual shampoo.


Normally, I'm a kiasu type of person whenever a product says "Leave on for X minutes", I tend to leave it on longer partly because I tend to forgot I have pre-shampoo treatment or pre-shower or pre-whatever I've done. And surprisingly, it doesn't make my hair feel extra oily and limp even if I go past the allocated time indicated. I think you can leave this product overnight on your hair, but as usual, don't go overboard with it. Just around 1 or 2 pumps, depending on how long or how short your hair is.


And despite washing it off with shampoo, I am amazed at how soft and smooth my hair felt. It feels as if it was virgin hair a.k.a hair that hasn't been colored, perm, treated or generally "abused" at a salon just for the sake of fashion and beauty. It just feels like my hair from when I was still a teenager and school students weren't allowed to color or perm or even style their hair outrageously inside school. And my hair felt so glossy, like those hair advertisement you see on television and magazine, but without feeling oily at all.


As I had quite a few sample sachets, I gave the remaining packs to my manager at work who mentioned that her hair is so dry and brittle. She never got back to me about how her hair improved or not, although I could see her hair looking less dry. And because she colored her hair, I also noticed the color of her hair looking so glossy and beautiful, as if she just barely went for a re-color treatment just a few hours ago.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: I heard the actual retail size bottle is rather expensive, but hey, if the sample already gave more than it promised, I believed the price is worth spending.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously got my samples when Phyto just released this in Singapore and was hosting a sampling activity. You can pop by any Phyto/Beauty by Nature outlet and ask if they have samples for this.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~