Sunday, March 23, 2014

Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask Review

WHAT IS IT: Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask Strawberry & Yarrow
Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask


THE PRODUCT(S):
Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask
Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask Strawberry & Yarrow: Pores Be Pure is the skin-clarifying mud mask that helps to eliminate impurities and clear blocked pores. With the help of Strawberry, Yarrow and Rosemary, Pores Be Pure provides your skin with instant complexion perfection. Packed with anti-oxidants, berries much like the Strawberry found in Pores Be Pure are great for your memory and great for your pores!


Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask
The product looks really thick and unspreadable, but surprisingly, it literally "melted" as soon as I start spreading it around my face :D


Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask
As long as you apply a thin enough amount to cover your skin and not let any patch of skin show up, it dries up pretty decently. A slight tingling sensation was felt when it slowly started to dry.


VERDICT: I absolutely love the light berry scent on this product, when was the last time I got to buy and try out a product that smells like berry without being over-cloying. Never! So, the scent was a nice surprise when I opened up the foil seal and squeezed out the mask to apply. I bought this together with the other 2 Formula 10.0.6, which unfortunately, was the only 3 products Watsons had in their store before it overwent a much-needed renovation. Even after application onto the skin, I don't find the scent anymore annoying. Instead, the scent is more like, if you sniff it straight from the bottle, you get that berry scent. But if you apply it onto your skin, the berry scent doesn't waft over to your nose without warning.


As I am game enough to try out new mud packs and mud masks of any type, I thought this one of many favorite products of mine, considering that I checked out their website and realized that most of their products contained fruits or vegetables of some type, which just sounded so naturally good for the skin. Imagine this, strawberries boost our skin with natural brightness while the rosemary part is actually good for oily and combination skin types. Yep, I am a total sucker for mud packs and mud masks that contains fruit and vegetables of some sort in it.


The texture and consistency looked thick and creamy and at the same time, it also looked as if it's really hard to spread out. But surprise, it wasn't. Maybe it's the body heat we have, but as soon as the product comes into contact with my skin and I started to spread/brush it out, it just smooths and spreads out gently without having to use brute force of any type. Like all masks, this one also need a thin layer on the face to do the job and because it is a clarifying mud mask, I felt this tingling sensation on my skin which I thought was just enough. Not over-the-top tingling that made you attempt the silent scream with your mouth wide open.


And when the mask itself dries up on my skin, I find that it dries pretty well without making my skin feel too tight. It also washes off nicely without having to scrub it off. Just step under the shower, let the tap water flow onto your skin to re-soften the dried mask and slowly massage it off. I tend to use mud masks prior to showering, so it works out for me when I step into the shower to get if off instead of bending over a sink and feel like I have to scrub it off.


As my skin is more of the oily/combination type, I find that this product does it's job in drawing excess sebum out. And hours after using it, I noticed my skin doesn't look like it's too oily and there was this natural brightness. And I loved how my pores and skin felt cleaner after using this product. Normal mud masks just simply clean off gunk from the surface of your skin most of the time, but because this product contains 2% salicylic acid, it actually managed to get my pores clean. Do note that if you have really sensitive or dry skin, it might sting like crazy instead of a slight cooling and tingling sensation.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: It felt great to use on my skin, the berry scent is really wonderful without being over-cloying and I find my skin calmer, cleaner, clearer and brighter from using it.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: No samples for redemption.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~