Saturday, February 16, 2013

Samples Received/Redeemed: 11 Feb - 15 Feb 2013

Initially, I thought there would only be 3 items for my weekly show and tell, but luckily, Brooks Cafe's samples that I requested for came in on Friday afternoon. So, this rounds up my show and tell items up to an impressive 4. The number 4 despite rhyming with the word "death" in Chinese tradition also has another meaning. And since it's still "somewhat" CNY period, then it can be interpreted as an auspicious number instead.


The number 4 is symbolic of Earth to Chinese philosophy and the square (with its four points) is the Chinese symbol for earth. It is also connected with the four cardinal points who are represented in China by four spiritually gifted guardians: The Dragon, Unicorn, Kylin, and Phoenix. They guard the cosmic order of things, and insure stability is maintained in the universe. Taking that concept of mitosis (cell division ultimately leading to individuality) we see further division of individuality here, and a settling into the knowledge of how things work. This is an extension of that feeling of security. The number four augurs a concrete sense of things.


But before I go on and on and bore everyone away from this blog post, let's take a look at the samples redeemed and received for the past week, shall we? :D



This L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream (10ml) is available when you tag at least 5 friends in L'Occitane Singapore's Facebook app, called "Share the Love" to be eligible to redeem. The location for redemption is at Plaza Singapura, at the new wing which is near the MRT station and bus stop.


The additional bonus from L'Occitane's app is that, if you can tag at least 30 friends in the app, you are eligible to redeem an additional FREE Spring Cherry Iridescent Shower Gel or Moisturizing Gel (75ml) with minimum purchase of $40. And the more you tag, the higher chance of you winning a Spring Cherry EDT (50ml) each week.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to L'Occitane en Provence Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/loccitane.sg and Like their page. Next, look for this link that says Share the Love, follow the prompts and start tagging your friends within the app.



For this b.liv Sample Kit, despite the wall post on SaSa SG's page not stating that you have to print out the poster for redemption, I did print it out in case SaSa staffs are unclear. There will always be sales staffs who aren't clear of giveaways or free sampling exercise, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Anyway, when I went to redeemed it at Causeway Point (Woodlands), the staff who did the exchange for me took my printout as well (o.o). And while redeeming, I had to fill in my particulars as well. So, if you are intending to grab a few sample kits, you might want to drag a few friends or acquaintances who have no interests in freebies. But other than that, I think just 1 sample kit is more than enough.



Here's the front of the b.liv sample kit, in it contains:
  • Off With Those Heads - Blackhead Sebum Gel x 1 @ 3ml
  • Sheer Off Crease mask - Fine Line Stoppage x 1 @ 28ml



And here's the back of the b.liv sample kit, which contains 2 cutout coupons:
  • SGD10 off for a Off With Those Heads, 30ml OR 45ml only
  • SGD1 off for any of b.liv Japan Silk Mask range (1 piece only)


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Head over to this link at http://on.fb.me/12SZTJB, print out the "poster" (in black and white) in the event a SaSa staff decided to ask for a printout. Redemption period is valid from 01 Feb until 28 Feb or While Stocks Last. So hurry and don't wait!!



For this Lancôme sampling exercise, I just happened to saw it out of the blue while trolling through my wall (as usual) and as soon as I saw it, I kinda spammed everyone I know who will be interested in getting it. And as such, I didn't realize there will be 2 types of samples in 1 sampling exercise, until I redeemed the samples at Causeway Point as well.



As you can see from the cover of the sample brochure, there's 2 different serums by Lancôme, so it was a little easy to guess. But I kinda overlook this part when requesting for the sample.



Once the brochure is opened up, on the left is Lancôme's Génifique and on the right is Lancôme's Visionnaire.



And behind these 2 visible samples are actually "pouches" where an additional 6 more of each sample type is concealed. So essentially, we are all getting:
  • Génifique Youth Activator x 7 sachets
  • Visionnaire [LR 2412 4%] x 7 sachets

But, I'm thinking that if you are using these 2 on specific spots or target spots, you can probably use it for up to 2 weeks maximum, if you transferred everything into a reusable pot instead. Or not, it's up to you :)


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to this link at http://on.fb.me/12PcRDR and look for the link that lets you redeem for your complimentary 1-week trial registration. You will receive a SMS on your phone shortly, after filling in the online registration form. And you need to go to the outlet choice you have chosen and show it to the SA for redemption.




Previously, Brooks Cafe had a somewhat ongoing sampling exercise, provided you pay for the postage fee. And I don't see why I need to pay for samples in the first place. The reason samples existed is because it is supposed to be free, and free for would-be consumers to try before deciding whether they should spend money to buy anything. So, when Brooks Cafe had a somewhat new sampling exercise where postage charges are free, I requested for mine without hesitation.



Basically a black-and-white brochure, detailing about their fan page and to join a lucky draw to win "Special Value Sets" comprising of different flavors of their available menu. For a moment, I thought an actual meal was included xD



A color brochure with slightly more information on their products, this is the front page, I presume.



Same brochure, again with slightly more information on their products, this should be the back page then.



So, for my samples, I received:
  • European Blend x 1 @ 10g
  • Matcha Cappuccino x 1 @ 140ml

I actually love Coffee AND Tea, yes, both of them!!


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Brooks Cafe Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/brookscafe and Like their page. Next, for a link that says Free Sample!! and click on it. Free postage included for the first 30,000 requests, so don't wait!!



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~