Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo [Somang] Review

WHAT IS IT: Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo


THE PRODUCT(S):

Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo: This creamy shampoo helps restore brittle, dull or dry hair, and helps make it up to stronger and smoother for brilliant shine with the fresh Camellia fragrance. Ceramide and Keratin wrap each hair fibre to protect and moisturize your hair from being dry and sensitized.



This Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo is from Somang. The scent is wonderful and doesn't border on nauseousness with a sweet flowery-esque scent. My hair doesn't smell as if I had rolled in a summer field for a couple of hours, in short, the scent is lingering but makes my hair feels fresh, clean and healthy. Suds easily and doesn't take too much effort to wash it off.


VERDICT: The scent is actually flowery-esque, but it doesn't border on making me feel nauseous. I have this issue with beauty products that smells too fragrant to the point it makes me gag in the back of my throat. And so, despite this shampoo having Camellia, it luckily doesn't make me feel that way. The scent actually lingers faintly on your hair while making it feel clean, refreshed and healthy, partly I guessed is because of the fragrance and the presence of camellia oil in it.


The product itself despite looking all creamy is actually closed to gel-based consistency, hence making the effort of turning it from shampoo to suds relatively easy. And once the almost sud-sy shampoo goes from palms to wet hair, it lathers really well and before long, my entire hair was soaked in the wonderful scent of camellia while at the same time, ensuring my hair is cleaned thoroughly from strand to strand. And after washing off the shampoo, I felt my hair much more manageable in that, it's silky and smooth, almost as if my hair is "brand new". And there's this healthy and glossy shine to my hair that I never encountered in any shampoo before.


What I like is that, despite the consistency of the shampoo behaving nothing like what it seems, it actually washes off my hair pretty decently. I didn't have to spend much time on trying to rinse out the shampoo suds and it didn't leave any shampoo residue on my hair either. And luckily, I haven't colored my hair for 5-6 years already, so it actually does wonders to my un-colored hair without making it feel brittle nor dry. And even my split ends didn't look too damaged either. And I am guessing it's probably because of the camellia oil present that helps in my split ends too.


And despite rumors floating out there that this Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo is the Korean version (or ripoff) of Shisheido’s Tsubaki hair product line, I think it's rather unjustly to compare 2 different products. Whereas Tsubaki's hair products have a slew of natural essential oils in their products, Reflo has 2 which is namely Camellia Water and Camellia Oil. And sometimes, it is actually worrying to wonder how a product will smell like if there's way too much essential oils present in it's "ingredient" list. Will it be too weird or will it smell as if there's something lacking because of too much scents incorporated?


And hours after my hair has dried up after stepping out of the shower, I am pleasantly pleased that my hair doesn't feel like it's heavy or there's some sort of residue left-over sensation on my hair. In fact, the silkiness and smoothness maintained until my next hair washing regime. And I am definitely glad that the sweet scent of Camellia still lingers on faintly without making me feel like it's overkill. Definitely a shampoo that I would love to purchase on a long-term permanent basis too.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


VERDICT: Faint flowery scent without bordering on nauseousness and it keeps my hair feeling silky, smooth and manageable.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously got to redeem a Eco Clinic Organic Hair Treatment Oil from Somang sometime in July last year. But because the stocks still haven't arrived at their counter, the (China, since she doesn't sound local) SA gave me a sachet of this Redflo Camellia Hair Shampoo together with a sample sachet of Redflo Camellia Hair Treatment so I won't feel like I made a wasted trip. And I personally felt it was really nice and sweet of the SA to do that. Most SAs I've encountered will just tell me that sample stocks aren't available yet and hope I would go away empty-handed. But not this Somang SA from Woodland's Causeway Point.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~