Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Etude House Pure Joy Calming Toner + AC Clinic White-Trouble Essencializer Review

I will be doing a Pure Joy Calming Toner AND AC Clinic White-Trouble Essencializer review from Etude House under one blog post. Not that I am lazy, but I've been using this for half a week and I don't really see much difference in carry on using it. Hence, I'll just conclude this review as short as I possibly can.


WHAT IS IT: Etude House Pure Joy Calming Toner


THE PRODUCT(S):

Etude House Pure Joy Toner: Pure Joy Calming Toner for sensitive skin is a chemical free toner that soothes and calms complexion. Void of Paraben, Benzophenone, Ethanol, Synthetic Ferfumes, Synthetic Dyes, Mineral Oils, and Genetically Modified Ingredients. And are formulated to soothe and calm complexion.


VERDICT: First of all, I personally like the citrus-y scent of the toner but yet, I don't feel as if the toner is actually doing anything for my skin at all. Technically, it feels as if I am just rubbing citrus scented water on my face in a bid to feel as if I am using facial toner. I am guessing that because it is a toner meant for sensitive skin, it is a little too gentle on the skin to the point where you feel like it's not doing anything. I've tried using it long after my shower, but before I go to bed. That should guarantee some results on a cotton pad, which I didn't see any.


For someone with combination and/or oily skin like mine, yes, you will feel that it is a useless toner that doesn't seem to be doing it's job at all, since it is so gentle you don't feel the uppermost layer of your skin being cleaned and refreshed from using this toner. So, I am guessing that someone with really sensitive skin would probably find that this Pure Joy Calming Toner from Etude House will not make their skin too sensitive nor break out unnecessarily.


End result? Despite the product being called "Pure Joy", I don't really feel any type of joy when using this on my face at all. It doesn't make my skin feel clean, in fact, I just don't recommend this for anyone with combination or oily skin, it is only best for someone with sensitive skin issues where the product is gentle on the skin without hurting. For the rest of us, we'll just feel like this product looks, feels and acts clueless on what it is supposed to do on combination and oily skin.


VERDICT: ✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Best only for someone with sensitive skin, as it is way too gently or other skin types.


WHAT IS IT: Etude House AC Clinic White-Trouble Essencializer


THE PRODUCT(S):

Etude House AC Clinic White-Trouble Essencializer: AC Clinic White-Trouble Essencializer is a 2-in-1 essencializer which combines an emulsion and a cream together into one application. The Essencializer prevents rashes from appearing by opening up the path between the inside and the outside of skin, to maintain circulation rhythm the skin.


This product is Non-Comedogenic - will not produce nor aggravate acne. AC Clinic line is formulated without acne-inducing ingredients to promote clear skin.


VERDICT: First off, this essencializer is practically scent-less and I've been trying to sniff at it for a couple of days, but nothing. So, maybe this product is actually meant not to contain any types of fragrances to prevent skin from getting unwanted after-effects from using it. Basically, this essencializer is a all in one facial emulsion and facial cream, so essentially, it sounds like users are getting the benefits of 2 different types of facial products in one.


Despite the product stating that it is suitable for acne-prone skin, I personally don't feel any improvements from using it at all, despite my usual acne and pimple issues on a regular basis. Sure, my acne/pimple issues aren't that aggravating now, but it's not from using this product as I can assure you this "Pure Joy" range didn't do anything for my skin. The reason I managed to stay acne and pimple free for close to 2 weeks is from another product, not these. So, I definitely cannot give Etude House any credit at all, despite this product being all for sensitive skin, is very gentle upon the skin and blah blah.


And despite touting to be a gentle product that gets rid of acne/pimple scars, I don't really see mine undergo any sort of difference, much less looks lighter. I mean, whether you have normal, combination, oily or sensitive skin, all blemish scars are practically the same, isn't it? It's not like if you have normal skin type, blemish scars fade at a normal speed while blemish scars on oily skin takes almost close to infinity to fade away. So, I am guessing that this is one of those products that you need to use for a very long time a.k.a long-time permanently to be able to see some results from the consistent usage.


VERDICT: ✓✓

WHAT I THINK: Also the same with the Calming Toner, best only for someone with sensitive skin, as it is doesn't seem to be working on my oily skin. I am presuming it won't work on any other skin types unless you have sensitive skin.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~