Monday, November 26, 2012

Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Review

WHAT IS IT: Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate


THE PRODUCT(S):

Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate: Lancôme introduces Génifique - our serum that intensely hydrates and promotes skin's natural exfoliation, a characteristic of young skin.


Visibly younger skin in just 7 days. Skin looks as if lit from within – breathtaking radiant. Its youthful quality returns: cushiony soft and velvety to the touch. Drop by drop, skin is vibrant with youth, its tone becomes astonishingly even, its texture dramatically refined.



I like how it made my eye bags look less significant. Normally, my eye bags are the first thing I see in the mirror whenever I wake up in the morning. Now, I don't even need to be bothered as it's much less obvious now.


VERDICT: The scent of this Lancome Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate is rather faint, which I personally think is good. Since I use youth concentrates like this mainly more for my eye bags and eye area than the whole face. Whether a product is meant for the eye bags or for the entire area, it's best not to have any scent to it, in the event our skin around the eyes might be allergic. Just because one is immune to scented facial moisturizers doesn't mean the skin around our eyes may be the same, always remember that.


The youth activating concentrate is actually gel-based with a watery consistency, which actually allows better absorption into the skin area around my eyes. For that, I am really grateful. Despite the little known fact that the skin around our eyes are probably the thinnest as compared to the skin on our face, we still need serums that can actually penetrate and gets absorbed fast and easily too. Fortunately, I didn't had any so-called "sticky" after-feel, maybe it's because of my oily skin? And I personally is a sucker for non-sticky feelings and sensations when it comes to facial and eye products.


I like how this concentrate actually helps smooth out the skin area on my eye bags, and after using it as a eye serum, I'm happy that skin around my eyes doesn't look so much like a panda now. Before that, it's just that little step from panda-wannabe to full panda. All without the use of facial cosmetics to get that panda look. And I haven't even mentioned the days when I was still in primary school, those were the worst as I look back on old photographs and got a shock at what I saw. I was only under 12 years old, but damn, those eye bags were even more prominent than any celebrities you've seen. Not lying, it's just plain scary whenever I look back at those old photographs. Gahh!


Although thankfully, those troublesome puffy eyes and eye bags seemed to look less puffy, but nonetheless, it's still there. And it's not like sleeping up to 10 hours per day may actually help at all. Once it shows up, it takes great efforts to get rid of it. Puffy eyes and eye bags can almost be compared to blemish scars. It takes way too long for it to turn faint before going away. Only to suddenly resurface back without warning, despite you yourself knowing that you've done whatever you can to ensure it stays away.


Nonetheless, the overall result was exactly what I was looking for in eye serums, to be honest. Generally, I prefer using facial moisturizers and serums at night, preferably after showering or before going to bed. And it has been a couple of nights since I started using this as an eye serum. I wouldn't dare to say my eye area glow after using this, as I think it's a little creepy to have the skin around my eyes glow healthily. However, what I do like is that the puffiness is actually almost gone. Skin does look firmer and more supple than before, and that is what I am looking for in an eye serum. I have tried my mother's eye serums when I was younger, but most of them don't work. Maybe it's not suitable for a teenager's skin, that I cannot be sure. But now, it does work some benefits for me which I am glad and happy about.


And luckily for me, no breakouts on the skin area around my eyes. Yippe!


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Panda no more!!


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Sadly, I redeemed this in early July this year when this blog was still new. So, I am not so sure if they still have anymore samples for this Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate. However, if there's any Lancome near your neighborhood, you can try asking if they still have samples for you to try.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt down samples :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~